Thursday, July 24, 2014

Breast Stroke Foot Technique

Hey, guys! I'm back with more swimming tips. Today we are reviewing a new style, breaststroke. I should've posted this stroke before butterfly since it is less complex and advanced, but I forgot about readers that have just learned to swim. The first stroke I trained in was breaststroke, and I really enjoyed doing the frog legs. I remember when I used a board to float, my training to adapt to the water without a helping tool like the board or anything. Breaststroke is my favorite stroke, and it is my best stroke when compared to other competitors. My time for the 50 meter dash is 41.53 seconds, which is above average in my region. If any of you are confused at why I'm giving tips about the foot technique before the hand technique is because the breaststroke feet is easier and simpler than the hands. The hands are much rather complicated. The feet are just powerful forces you should reckon with, if used wisely and correctly, you can skyrocket your time just by improving your feet.

As you can see, a lot of amateur breaststrokers keep their feet at almost 90 degrees down. That does a lot of drag but I'm not saying it's easy to fix it. Always tend to stay straight and flat like paper on the water for any stroke. Develops a way better streamline and your moves are more defined. Breast stroke feet are the most complicated and in my opinion, the most powerful feet a foot movement can deliver you and that is why you should train on your breastroke feet, pay attention to it more than your hands. Breaststroke, in my opinion is also the best stroke to relax with, and it isn't tiring. After shortened, it is my favorite stroke.

From what I have observed, all my swimming friends with larger and fatter bodies than me aren't the best at breaststroke. They get tired easily and they get some cramps after doing the feet. Unlike me, a swimmer with a rather slender body, they have a better butterfly stroke. People with different body forms specialize at different styles. Phelps, Lochte, and Le Clos are amazing fliers; they are very buff, they have an amazing form because the butterfly stroke focuses on your belly and your biceps. Freestylers like Grant Hacket or Ian thorpe are tall and not very buff. Breaststrokers like Gyurta or Hansen are tall with not really visible pecs because their arms are moved by palms and the belly are just powered by feet so they don't come in good packets.

Breaststroke feet move in a circular motion. How beginners do their breaststroke feet, they just extend and contract, the worst two things. If all you do is contract and extend only your hands would power you on the move. When your feet contract, they pull you back a bit. when they extend, they push you forwards but not very far. That is why you should stay flat on the water and your feet should move in circular motion. The key is, don't contract too fast, forr it will drag you back, and push powerful in circular motion.

Thanks for reading my blog, come back for more tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment