Friday, July 25, 2014

Breast Stroke Hand Technique

Hey, guys! I'm back with more splashy content and we are still on breaststroke. I hope you enjoyed my latest post, my post before this one, and I hope it helped you on swimming. Because breaststroke s one of the easiest styles to learn yet hard to master, I here am going to help you master it. As I said in my previous post, breaststroke hands are much more complicated than the feet. That is why I'm here to help you. I hope you learnt which strokes you might specialize in. I am not such a hardworker so I tend to play with my hands. My largest assets are my hands; although feet take most credit on breaststroke, I still enjoy doing hands better. Sometimes my coach takes some special stopwatch to get our strokes in a certain rhythm but I recommend you to get a tech toc. A tech toc maintains a steady beat without you needing to remember it so it would be really useful in training.

Breaststroke hands took me a long time to learn. At first, all I was thought to do was spread my hands abide, pull my hands down, then propel myself by pulling it backwards. Now that I learnt that it isn't very efficient, my more evolved coach, my more advanced coach thought me to maintain a new pattern. It was very difficult for me to adapt to the new technique. I wasn't used to it and I complained to my coach that it didn't help me; instead, it slowed my time. At a competition, (Do Not Try This at Any Cost) I tried that technique and my old 47 second PB was beaten by two seconds. I was surprised. Accidentally, my experimental technique propelled my time, by two seconds. That is really good. So now, I'd teach you about it. So, the scenario is, your hands are on the surface. You quickly push them down and turn them. Remember to move your head to the front while doing so. Remember to do it quickly and with a lot of power.

Ideal training gizmos (Note the fancy language there) for the breaststroke hands are paddles. Finger paddles would help with  the placement and you would get used to where your hands should be after using that gizmo. Hand paddles just make your hands more powerful so you could move your hands faster. Thanks for reading, guys I hope you'd enjoy it. Come back for more swimming tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment