Friday, July 11, 2014

Butterfly Hands

Hey, guys! Today we are starting a brand new stroke after we completed the freestyle stroke. Since we finished with freestyle and I covered all the aspects I can cover, I decided to come up with quite a hard style that not much people can master, the butterfly stroke. For me, the butterfly stroke is the most tiring stroke but it is one of the fastest. I don't have a terrible personal best for this stroke, my personal best is 35.67 seconds and that is quite good in my country. If we compare it with freestyle or backstroke, it would be much less tiring but this is a much more complex stroke that I learned after a year of professional swimming. Here in my country, we mostly depend on practicing tools but if we don't have practicing tools then so be it. Unlike you people that are reading this, if you are in a far more developed country like the states or somewhere in Europe you would start using electronic devices to track your time, find the correct beat, but here, the Finis Neptune (an underwater mp3 player) would look weird. Today we are discussing about hands and how to train them and also ideal drills for our hands.

The butterfly stroke is ideal for enlarging your hand muscles if you're a body builder, but it is a good endurance test. Trust me, a few hundred meters of hypoxy in this stroke would make you come back blowing your livers so I wouldn't recommend you to do drills over 500 meters. It takes a lot of bicep power to work this stroke and if your biceps aren't strong then don't swim. To start a smooth stroke but of course, a bit tiring since it's butterfly, keep your head beneath the water and your hands in a pose as if you were going to slice the water, then contract your elbows to pull you forwards. After you are moved forwards, take you arms for a maximum pull so you're pulled even farther forward. After that, you head should rise up to take a breath and with your palms facing out, throw your straight arms and before that, pull your arms forward.


The ideal tools to help you enhance your training are the paddles for your weak biceps, although it may be very heavy, fins for feet support and the snorkel to keep focusing on your hands without interruption for breathing. Please come back for more swim tips, and please leave the comment box below full! Remember to leave your comments down below just in case you could help me improve in how I should say anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment